Academic Areas: Polymer physics and chemistry, Biomedical engineering
Research Interests: 1.Biofabrication of nano-biomaterials 2.Wearable and implantable medical materials 3.Artificial organs and bioreactor.
PhD degree (Wuhan University)
2006-NOW, Professor, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
2010-2011, Senior visiting scholar, The University of Akron, USA
2004-2006, JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) fellow, Kyushu University, Japan
2002-2004, Alexander von Humboldt fellow, Johannes Gutenberg-Universitaet, Mainz, Germany
1995-1996, Visiting scholar, Fundamental Research Laboratory of Natural and Synthetic Polymers, Asahi Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Japan
1. Electroconductive natural polymer-based hydrogels, Biomaterials, 2016. 111: 40-54.
2. Bacterial Cellulose as a Potential Wound-Healing Biomaterial. Biomacromolecules, 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.biomac.6b00995.
3. Silk sericin: A versatile material for tissue engineering and drug delivery, Biotechnology Advances, 2015, 33(8):1855-1867.
4. Evaluation of the effect of the structure of bacterial cellulose on full thickness skin wound repair on a microfluidic chip. Biomacromolecules. 2015, 16 (3), 80–789
5. Flexible Supercapacitor based on Bacterial Cellulose Paper Electrodes, Adv. Energy Mater, 2014, 4, 1301655-61.
6. Engineered Nanoparticles: Thrombotic Events in Cancer, Nanoscale, 2014, 6(23): 14141-14152.
7. Double network bacterial cellulose hydrogel to build a biology–device interface. Nanoscale, 2014, 6: 970-977.
8. Nanocellulose electroconductive composites, Nanoscale, 2013, 5:3194 – 3201.
9. Bio-based green composites with high performance from poly(lactic acid) and surface-modified microcrystalline cellulose, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, 22，15732–15739.
10. Skin tissue repair materials from bacterial cellulose by a multilayer fermentation method, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, 22, 12349–12357.
1. Nano-biomedical Analytical Technology (0704691)
2. Introduction to Tissue Engineering (0811261)
1. Advanced Biomaterials (170.618)
2. Biotechnology & Nanomedicine (170.619)
Biomaterials Biomacromolecular Biofabrication Lab.