Academic Areas: Nanobiophotonics and biomaterials
Research Interests: Multifunctional nanoprobes for multi-mode imaging and cancer therapy; biomaterials for tissue engineering
Associate Professor (2010-present); College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Research Fellow (2008-2010), Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Minnesota
1. Jie Yang, Ming-Hao Yao, Ming-Shuo Du, Rui-Mei Jin, Dong-Hui Zhao, Jun Ma, Zhi-Ya Ma, Yuan-Di Zhao, Bo Liu*, A near-infrared light-controlled system for reversible presentation of bioactive ligands using polypeptide-engineered functionalized gold nanorods, Chem. Comm., 2015, 51, 2569-2572.
2. Ming-Hao Yao, Jie Yang, Ji-Tao Song, Lin Zhang, Bi-Yun Fang, Dong-Hui Zhao, Rui-Xue Xia, Rui-Mei Jin, Yuan-Di Zhao, Bo Liu*，Engineered coiled-coil polypeptide assembled onto quantum dots for targeted cell imaging，Nanotechnology, 2015, 26, 495102.
3. Jie Yang, Ming-Hao Yao, Lang Wen, Ji-Tao Song, Ming-Zhen Zhang, Yuan-Di Zhao, Bo Liu*, Multifunctional quantum dot–polypeptide hybrid nanogel for targeted imaging and drug delivery，Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 11282-11292
4. Ming-Hao Yao, Jie Yang, Ji-Tao Song, Dong-Hui Zhao, Ming-Shuo Du, Yuan-Di Zhao, Bo Liu*, Directed self-assembly of polypeptide-engineered physical microgels for building porous cell-laden hydrogels, Chem. Comm., 2014, 50, 9405-9408
5. Ming-Hao Yao, Jie Yang, Ming-Shuo Du, Ji-Tao Song, Yong Yu, Wei Chen, Yuan-Di Zhao, Bo Liu*, Polypeptide-engineered physical hydrogels designed from the coiled-coil region of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein for three-dimensional cell culture, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2014, 2, 3123-3132.
0706201: Chemistry and Biomedical Sensor