Academic Areas: Nanomedicine & Biopharmaceutics
Research Interests: Tumor Targeting Nano Drug Delivery Systems; Transdermal Nano Drug Delivery Systems; Novel preparation technology; Bio-safety Evaluation for Nano Materials
1991-2004 Hubei Province Institute of Chemistry
2004-2010 Associate Professor, College of Life Science and technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2010-Present Professor, College of Life Science and technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology; National Engineering Research Center for Nanomedicine
1. Xuhan Liu, Xi Tan, Rong Rao, Yuanyuan Ren, Yinghuan Li, Xiangliang Yang and Wei Liu*. Self-assembled PAEEP-PLLA micelles with varied hydrophilic block lengths for tumor cell targeting. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8: 23450-23462.
2. Xiaojing Zhao, Qi Chen, Yusang Li, Hebin Tang, Xuhan Liu, Xiangliang Yang, Wei Liu*. Co-delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin with lipid nanoparticles results in improved efficacy of chemotherapy in liver cancer. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2015, 10: 257-270.
3. Binhua Luo, Huageng Liang, Shengwei Zhang, Xiaojuan Qin, Xuhan Liu, Fuqing Zeng, Yun Wu, Xiangliang Yang, Wei Liu*. Novel lactoferrin-conjugated amphiphilic poly(aminoethyl ethylene phosphate)/poly(L-lactide) copolymer nanobubbles for tumor targeting ultrasonic imaging. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2015, 10: 5805-5817.
4. Xiaojing Zhao, Qi Chen, Yusang Li, Hebin Tang, Wei Liu*, Xiangliang Yang. Doxorubicin and curcumin co-delivery lipid nanoparticles for enhanced treatment of diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2015, 93: 27-36.
5. Ying Zhang, Wei Liu, Craig E. Banks, Fei Liu, Mao Li, Fan Xia*, Xiangliang Yang. A fluorescence-quenching platform based on biomineralized hydroxyapatite from natural seashell and applied to cancer cell detection. Scientific Reports, 2014, 4: 7556.
Pharmaceutical Science (1002305)
the National Engineering Research Center for Nanomedicine
1. National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program): “Temperature-sensitive and pH-sensitive hydrogel for embolism-treatment of liver cancer”, 07/2011-12/2015.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, 31170960): “Multifunctional nanocapsules associated with focused ultrasound on opening BBB and targeted delivery to modify MRI early diagnosis of brain glioma”, 01/2012-12/2015.
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, 31470968): “Study on protein nitration in UV light inducing nano titanium dioxide to damage skin cells”, 01/2015-12/2018.
4. National Basic Research Program (973 Program) of China (2007CB935800), Second Subprogram: “Preparation of targeting nano-drug delivery systems and their applications in early diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease”, 01/2007-12/2012.