Academic Areas: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Research Interests: Structure and function of important proteins related with human diseases
PhD in Botany, 2004, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
BA in Microbiology, 1999, Wuhan University, China
Associate Professor (2014-present), School of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Postdoctor (2004-2011), Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, USA
1. Cao Y, Jin X, Levin EJ, Huang H, Zong Y, Quick M, Weng J, Pan Y, Love J, Punta M, et al. Crystal structure of a phosphorylation-coupled saccharide transporter. Nature. 2011 May 5;473(7345):50-54.
2. Pan Y, Weng J, Levin EJ, Zhou M. Oxidation of NADPH on Kvb1 inhibits ball-and-chain type inactivation by restraining the chain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Apr 5;108(14):5885-5890.
3. Pan Y*, Weng J*, Kabaleeswaran V, Li H, Cao Y, Bhosle RC, Zhou M. Cortisone dissociates the Shaker family K+ channels from their b subunits. Nature Chemical Biology. 2008 Nov;4(11):708-714.
4. Pan Y, Weng J, Cao Y, Bhosle RC, Zhou M. Functional coupling between the Kv1.1 channel and aldoketoreductase Kvb1. J Biol Chem. 2008 Mar 28;283(13):8634-8642.
5. Weng J*, Cao Y*, Moss N, Zhou M. Modulation of voltage-dependent Shaker family potassium channels by an aldo-keto reductase. J Biol Chem. 2006 Jun 2;281(22):15194-15200.
6. Weng J, Tan C, Shen JR, Yu Y, Zeng X, Xu C, Ruan K. pH-induced conformational changes in the soluble manganese-stabilizing protein of photosystem II. Biochemistry. 2004 Apr 27;43(16):4855-4861.
Undergraduate: 0700894 Cell Biology (for MBBS)
Graduate: 170.532 Advances in Molecular Genetics
170.551 Advanced Biophysics