Phone: (86) 13476252287
Academic Areas: Microbiology
Research Interests: Enzyme Expression and Utilization
PhD in College of Life Science, 2005, Wuhan University,Wuhan, China;
MSc in College of Life Science, 2001, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, China;
BSc in College of Life Science, 1994, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, China.
Associate Professor (2008-present); Huazhong University of Science & Technology,
Visiting scholar (2014-2015); University of Tennessee at Knoxville
1. Xu Li, Liu Zimin, Wang Guilong, Pan Dujie, Jiao Liangcheng, Yan Yunjun*. Over-expression of Candida rugosa lipase lip1 via combined strategies in Pichia pastoris. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 2016, 82:115-124.
2. Ke Caixia, Chen Yuan, Xu Li* and Yan Yunjun*. A new lipase–inorganic hybrid nanoflower with enhanced enzyme activity. RSC Advances，2016, 6：19413-19416.
3. Huang Shuangshuang, Li Xiang, Xu Li*, Ke Caixia, Zhang Rui, Yan Yunjun*. Protein-coated microcrystals from Candida rugosa lipase: its immobilization, characterization, and application in resolution of racemic ibuprofen. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2015, 177(1):36-47.
4. Xiao Xiao, Liu Zhenyu, Chen Yuan, Wang Guilong, Li Xiang, Fang Zhonggang, Huang Shuangshuang, Liu Zimin, Yan Yunjun*, Xu Li*. Over-expression of active Candida rugosa lip1 in Pichia pastoris via high cell-density fermentation and its application to resolve racemic ibuprofen. Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, 2015, 33 (5-6): 260-269.
5. Wang Guilong, Liu Zimin, Xu Li, Zhang Houjin, Yan Yunjun*. Probing role of key residues in the divergent evolution of Yarrowia lipolytica lipase 2 and Aspergillus niger eruloyl esterase A. Microbiological Research, 2015, 178: 27-34.
6. Fang Zhonggang, Xu Li*, Pan Dujie, Jiao Liangcheng, Liu Ziming, Yan Yunjun. Enhanced production of Thermomyces lanuginosuslipase in Pichia pastoris via genetic and fermentation strategies. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2014, 41:1541–1551
7. Ke Caixia, Li Xiang, Huang Shuangshuang, Xu Li, Yan Yunjun. Enhancing enzyme activity and enantioselectivity of Burkholderia cepacialipase via immobilization on modified multi-walled carbon nanotubes. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 57810-57818.
8. Wang Guilong, Liu Zimin, Xu Li, Yan Yunjun*. Aromatic amino acid mutagenesis at the substrate binding pocket of Yarrowia lipolytica lipase Lip2 affects its activity and thermostability. The Scientific World Journal, 2014, Article ID 382581, 8 pages.
9. Li Xiang，Huang ShuangShuang, Xu Li*, Yan YunJun*. Conformation and catalytic properties studies of Candida rugosa Lip7 via enantioselective esterification of ibuprofen in organic solvents and ionic liquids. The Scientific World Journal, 2013, 2013, Article ID 364730, 7 pages.
10. Li Xiang, Xu Li, Wang GuiLong, Zhang HouJin, Yan YunJun*. Conformation studies on Burkholderia cenocepacia lipase via resolution of racemic 1-phenylethanol in non-aqueous medium and its process optimization. Process Biochemistry, 2013, 48(12): 1905-1913.
11. Li Xiang, Huang ShuangShuang, Xu Li, Yan YunJun*. Improving activity and enantioselectivity of lipase via immobilization on macroporous resin for resolution of racemic 1-phenylethanol in non-aqueous medium. BMC Biotechnology, 2013, 13: 92-100.
12. Shao Hua, Xu Li, Yan YunJun*. Isolation and characterization of a thermostable esterase from a metagenomic library. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2013, 40(11): 1211-1222.
13. Zha DaiMing, Xu Li, Zhang HouJin, Yan YunJun*. (2013) Molecular identification of lipase LipA from Pseudomonas protegens Pf-5 and characterization of two whole-cell biocatalysts Pf-5 and Top10 lipA. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2014, 24(5):619-628.
14. Shao Hua, Xu Li, Yan YunJun. Thermostable lipases from extremely radio-resistant bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans: Cloning, expression, and biochemical characterization. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 2013, 53: 1-12.
15. Pan XiaoXin, Xu Li*, Xiao Xiao, Zhao HeYun, Wang XiaoFeng, Yan YunJun*. Efficient display of active Geotrichum sp. lipase on Pichia pastoris cell wall and its application as a whole-cell biocatalyst to enrich EPA and DHA in fish oil. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2012, 60(38): 9673-9679.
16. Xu Li, Pan XiaoXin, Liu WenShan, Shen XuGuang, Wang XiaoFeng, Liu Yun, Yan YunJun. Preparation of a promising whole cell biocatalyst of Geotrichum sp. lipase and its properties. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 2012, 87:498-504.
17. Li Xiang, Liu Tao, Xu Li, Yan YunJun*. Resolution of racemic ketoprofen in organic solvents by lipase from Burkholderia cepacia G63. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 2012, 17:1147-1155.
18. Zheng JingJing, Xu Li, Liu Yun*, Zhang XiaoYan, Yan YunJun*. Preparation of lipase-coated micro- crystals and application in biodiesel production from various oil feedstocks. Bioresource Technology, 2012, 110:224-231.
19. Yan YunJun*, Xu Li, Dai Min. A Synergetic whole-cell biocatalyst for biodiesel production. RSC Advances, 2012, 2 (15): 6170- 6173.
20. Liu Yun, Chen DaWei, Xu Li, Yan YunJun. Evaluation of structure and hydrolysis activity of Candida rugosa Lip7 in presence of sub- /super-critical CO2. Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 2012, 51: 354-358.
21. Xu Li, Jiang XueQing, Yang JiangKe, Liu Yun, Yan YunJun*. Cloning of a novel lipase gene, lipJ08, from Candida rugosa and expression in Pichia pastoris by codon optimization. Biotechnology Letters, 2010, 32(2):269-276.
22. Liu WenShan, Jia Bin, Zhao HeYun, Xu Li, Yan YunJun. Preparation of a whole-cell biocatalyst of Aspergillus niger lipase and its practical properties. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2010, 58(19): 10426-10430.
23. Zhang ZhenPing, Yang JiangKe, Xu Li*, Liu Yun, Yan YunJun (2010) Cloning, codon optimization and expression of mature lipase gene Penicillum expansum. Acta Microbiologica Sinica, 2010, 50(2): 228-235.
24. Zou XiaoXia, Yang JiangKe, Liu Yun, Xu Li, Wang XiaoFeng, Yan YunJun. Optimization of biodiesel production by combined lipased-catalyzed trans-esterification from stillingia oil in an organic solvent medium. China Oils and Fats, 2010, 6:33-37.
25. Xu Li, Yang JiangKe, Liu Yun, Yan YunJun. Molecular identification of lipase production microorganisms by rDNA sequences. Biotechnology Bulletin, 2009, 144-150.
26. Yan JinYong, Yan YunJun, Yang JiangKe, Xu Li, Liu Yun. Combined strategy for preparation of a bioimprinted Geotrichum sp. lipase biocatalyst effective in non-aqueous media. Process Biochemistry, 2009, 44: 1128-1132.
27. Xu Li, Zhao ZhouZhou, Sheng JiQun, Zhu ChenGang, Liu Hui, Jiang DaHe, Mao Xin, Guo MingXiong, Li WenXin. Co-expression of complement regulatory proteins human DAF and MCP with an IRES-mediated dicistronic mammalian vector enhances their cell protective effects. Biochemistry (Moscow), 2008, 73(9): 1025-1030.
28. Xu Li, Zhao ZhouZhou, Liu Hui, Jiang DaHe, Li WenXin. Co-expression and synergic effect of human complement regulatory proteins DAF and MCP. Chinese Journal of Biotechnology, 2008, 24(2): 220-225.
29. Liu WenShan, Xu Li*, Zhao HeYun, Yang JiangKe, Yan YunJun*. Cell surface display of Yarrowia lipolytica lipase Lip2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae with a-agglutinin as carrier protein. Acta Microbiologica Sinica, 2008, 48(11): 1543-1548.
30. Xu Li, Zhao ZhouZhou, Liu Hui, Li WenXin. Establishment of a eukaryotic expressing system for human decay Accelerating factor. Chinese Journal of Immunology, 2008, 24(12): 1116-1120.
31. Shu ZhenYu, Yang JiangKe, Xu Li, Yan YunJun. Cloning of lipase gene and its expression of Aspergillus niger F044 in Pichia pastoris. Journal of Wuhan University: Natural Science Edition, 2007, 53(2):204-208.
32. Xu Li, Zhao ZhouZhou, Liu Hui, Li WenXin. Studies on established of co-expression system and function of human completement regulatory proteins MCP and CD59. China Biotechnology, 2007, 27(9):8-13.
33. Xu Li, Wu WenLuan, Zhao ZhouZhou, Shao HuanJie, Liu WanHong, Liu Hui, Li WenXin. Cooperation between human DAF and CD59 in protecting cells from human complement-mediated lysis. Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2006, 39(6):743-748.
34. Xu Li，Shao HuanJie, Wu WenLuan , Cao ZhiJian, Zhao ZhouZhou, Liu Hui, Jiang DaHe, Mao Xin, Li WenXin. Co-expression of complement regulatory proteins hmnan DAF and CD59 with an IRES-mediated dicistronic mammalian vector enhances their cell protective effects. International Journal of Molecular Medicine, 2005, 6(3): 409-414.
35. Xu Li, Peng JianXin, Hong HuaZhu. Plaque purification of Syngrapha falcifera multiple nuclear polyhedrosis virus and bioassay of clone isolate. Chinese Journal of Biological Control, 2004, 20(3):178-181.
36. Xu Li, Yang Hong, Peng JianXin, Hong HuaZhu. Studies on synergism and photodegradation of Bacillus thuringiensis by fluorescent brighteners in Helicoverpa armigera larvae, Chinese Journal of Biological Control, 2001, 17(2): 63-66.
37. Yan YunJun, Xu Li*, Liu Yun, Tang ZhaoHui. An Introduction to Biology [M], Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology press, 2010. (*Associate Editor)
0707171: General Biology
(1) The National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 31170078)
(2) The National High Technology Research Development Program of P. R. China (863 Program) (No. 2014AA093510)
(3) The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2014QN119)
(4) The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 2172012SHYJ004)
(5) The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 2010MS029)