Phone: （86）13871578068; 86-27-87792108
Academic Areas: Environmental Microbiology & Biorefinery
Research Interests: Bioconversion of agricultural waste and forestry residues to biofuels and biomaterials, Microbial Biodegradation and Bioremediation of toxic and environmental pollutant
PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2007, Huazhong University of Science & Technology;
BA in Biochemistry, 1999, Lanzhou University.
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Associate Professor (2012-Present);
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Lecturer (2010-2012);
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Postdoctor (2008-2010);
Wuhan Centres for Disease Prevention and Control, Technician (1999-2002)
1. Yan K, Liu F, Chen Q, Ke M, Huang X, Hu W, Zhou B, Zhang X, Yu H*. Pyrolysis characteristics and kinetics of lignin derived from enzymatic hydrolysis residue of bamboo pretreated with white-rot fungus. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 2016, 9:76.
2. Yu H, Liu F, Ke M, et al. Thermogravimetric analysis and kinetic study of bamboo waste treated by Echinodontium taxodii using a modified three-parallel-reactions model. Bioresource Technology, 2015, 185:324-330.
3. Shi L, Ma F, Han Y, Zhang X, Yu H*. Removal of sulfonamide antibiotics by oriented immobilized laccase on Fe3O4 nanoparticles with natural mediators. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2014, 279(14):203-211.
4. Song L, Ma F, Zeng Y, Zhang X, Yu H*. The promoting effects of manganese on biological pretreatment with Irpex lacteus and enzymatic hydrolysis of corn stover. Bioresource Technology, 2013, 135(14):89-92.
5. Du W, Yu H*, Song L, et al. The promoting effect of byproducts from Irpex lacteus on subsequent enzymatic hydrolysis of bio-pretreated cornstalks. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 2011, 4:1-8.
6. Yu H, Du W, Zhang J, et al. Fungal treatment of cornstalks enhances the delignification and xylan loss during mild alkaline pretreatment and enzymatic digestibility of glucan. Bioresource Technology, 2010, 101(17):6728-6734.
7. Yu H, Song L, Ke J, Xu C, et al. Evaluation of white-rot fungi-assisted alkaline/ oxidative pretreatment of corn straw undergoing enzymatic hydrolysis by cellulase. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, 2010, 110(6):660-664.
8. Yu H, Guo G, Zhang X*, et al. The effect of biological pretreatment with the selective white-rot fungus Echinodontium taxodii on enzymatic hydrolysis of softwoods and hardwoods. Bioresource Technology, 2009, 100(21):5170-5175.
Microbiology (0701653) Undergraduate
Environmental Bioengineering (0716862) Undergraduate
Biodegradation & Bioconversion (170.521) Graduate
1. The role of biological modification of lignin surface structure in enhancing the enzymatic hydrolysis of bamboo, National Natural Science Foundation of China, No. 30901137.
2. The mechanisms of lignin degradation during the consolidated biological process for cellulosic ethanol production, The National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program), No. 2012AA101805/01.