Academic Areas: Biomedical Optics
Research Interests: Wave propagation and localization in complex media, Biomedical optics imaging and sensing, optical manipulation and wavefront engineering for deep tissue imaging.
Ph.D. Physics, The City University of New York, 2012
M.S. Optics, Wuhan University, 2003
B.S. Applied Physics, Wuhan University, 2000
Professor (2016 - present),The Thousand Youth Talents Program, School of Life Science and Technology, HuaZhong University of Science and technology
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2012-2016), Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital，Department of Dermatology and TheWellman Center for Photomedicine
1. J. Wang, M. Hosoda, D. M. Tshikudi, Z. Hajjarian, and S. K. Nadkarni,Intraluminal laser speckle rheology using an omni-directional viewing catheter,Biomedical Optics Express 8, 137-150 (2017)
2. J. Wang, S. K. Nadkarni,APPARATUS, DEVICES AND METHODS FOR OBTAINING OMNIDIRECTIONAL VIEWING BY A CATHETER, Patent #: EP3011315 A2, WO2014205256A3 (2016)
3. M. Davy, Z. Shi, J. Wang, X. Cheng and A. Z. Genack, Transmission eigenchannels and the densities of states of random media, Physical Review Letters 114, 033901 (2015)
4. J. Wang and S. K. Nadkarni, The influence of optical fiber bundle parameters on the transmission of laser speckle patterns, Optics Express 22, 8908-8918 (2014)
5. Z. Shi, J. Wang and A. Z. Genack, Microwave conductance in random waveguides in the cross-over to Anderson localization and single-parameter scaling, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences111, 2926-2930 (2014).
6. Z. Shi, M. Davy, J. Wang and A. Z. Genack, Focusing through random media in space and time: a transmission matrix approach. Optics Letters 38, 2714-2716 (2013).
7. M. Davy, Z. Shi, J. Wang and A. Z. Genack, Transmission statistics and focusing in single disordered samples, Optics Express 21, 10367-10375 (2013).
8. J. Wang and A. Z. Genack, Transport through modes in random media, Nature 471, 345-348 (2011).
9. J. Wang, A. A. Chabanov, D. Y. Lu, Z. Q. Zhang, and A. Z. Genack, Dynamics of fluctuations of localized waves, Physical Review B 81, 241101(R) (2010).
10. A. Z. Genack and J. Wang, Speckle statistics in the photon localization transitions, in 50 Years of Anderson Localization, ed. E. Abrahams, (World Scientific, Singapore, 2010).