Academic Areas: Biomedical Engineering; Microfluidic Chips
Research Interests: Research and development of microfluidic chips (lab-on-a-chip) for biological research and biomedical applications.
Ph.D. Biological Science, University at Albany, State University of New York, 2006
B.S. Biochemistry, Wuhan University, 2000
Associate Professor (2009-present), Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Post-Doctoral Fellow (2007-2008), Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
1. Chen P, Guo YR, Wang J, Du W, Feng XJ* & Liu BF, A localized chemical pulse generator for the development of a microfluidic cell-based biosensor, Sens. Actuator B-Chem. (2017) 251: 112-119.
2. Xia Y, Yan SQ, Zhang X, Ma P, Du W, Feng XJ* & Liu BF*, Monte Carlo Modeling-Based Digital Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification on a Spiral Chip for Absolute Quantification of Nucleic Acids, Anal. Chem. (2017) 89:3716-3723.
3. Chen C, Liu P*, Zhao X, Du W, Feng XJ* & Liu BF, A self-contained microfluidic in-gel loop-mediated isothermal amplification for multiplexed pathogen detection, Sens. Actuator B-Chem. (2017) 239:1-8.
4. Xia Y, Liu ZH, Yan SQ, Yin F, Feng XJ* & Liu BF, Identifying multiple bacterial pathogens by loop-mediated isothermal amplification on a rotate & react slipchip, Sens. Actuator B-Chem. (2016) 228:491-499.
5. Hu R, Liu P, Chen P, Wu L, Wang Y, Feng XJ* & Liu BF, Encapsulation of single cells into monodisperse droplets by fluorescence-activated droplet formation on a microfluidic chip, Talanta (2016) 153:253-259.
6. Feng XJ, Liu BF, Li JJ & Liu X, Advances in coupling microfluidic chips to mass spectrometry, Mass Spectrom. Rev. (2015) 34:535-557.
7. Li YW†, Feng XJ†, Wang YC, Du W, Chen P, Liu C & Liu BF, Assembly of multiple cell gradients directed by three-dimensional microfluidic channels, Lab Chip (2015) 15:3203-3210.
8. Wang Y, Tang X, Feng XJ*, Liu C, Chen P, Chen D & Liu BF, A microfluidic digital single-cell assay for the evaluation of anticancer drugs, Anal. Bioanal. Chem. (2015) 407:1139-1148.
9. Zhang Z, Yu L, Xu L, Hu X, Li P*, Zhang Q, Ding X & Feng XJ*, Biotoxin sensing in food and environment via microchip, Electrophoresis (2014) 35:1547-1559.
10. Zhang Q, Li H, Feng XJ*, Liu BF & Liu X*, Purification of Derivatized Oligosaccharides by Solid Phase Extraction for Glycomic Analysis, Plos One (2014) 9: e94232.
11. Zhang Q†, Feng XJ†, Li H, Liu BF, Lin Y & Liu X, Methylamidation for Isomeric Profiling of Sialylated Glycans by NanoLC-MS, Anal. Chem. (2014) 86:7913-7919.
12. Li H, Zhao X, Zhang Q, Feng XJ*, Liu BF & Liu X*, Solid-phase methylamidation for sialoglycomics by MALDI-MS, Anal. Bioanal. Chem. (2014) 406:6235-6246.
13. Zhang Z, Feng XJ*, Xu F, Hu X, Li P & Liu BF, An improved surface modification of poly(dimethylsiloxane) via a green chemistry approach for on-chip biomolecular separation, Anal. Methods (2013) 5:4694-4700.
14. Wu L, Chen P, Dong YS, Feng XJ* & Liu BF, Encapsulation of single cells on a microfluidic device integrating droplet generation with fluorescence-activated droplet sorting, Biomed. Microdevices (2013) 15:553-560.
15. Chen P†, Feng XJ†, Sun J, Wang Y, Du W & Liu BF, Hydrodynamic gating for sample introduction on a microfluidic chip, Lab Chip (2010) 10:1472-1475.
16. Feng XJ, Du W, Luo QM & Liu BF, Microfluidic chip: Next-generation platform for systems biology, Anal. Chim. Acta (2009) 650:83-97.
17. Feng XJ, Liu X, Luo QM & Liu BF, Mass Spectrometry in Systems Biology: an Overview, Mass Spectrom. Rev. (2008) 27:635-660.
18. Feng XJ, Chen S, Xu YZ, Du W, Luo QM & Liu BF, Separation and determination of biogenic amines in fish using MEKC with novel multiphoton excitation fluorescence detection, J. Sep. Sci. (2008) 31:824-828.
19. Feng XJ, Castracane J, Tokranova N, Gracias A, Lnenicka G & Szaro BG, A living cell-based biosensor utilizing G-protein coupled receptors: Principles and detection methods, Biosen. Bioelectron. (2007) 22:3230-3237.