Academic Areas: Biomedical Engineering, Mass Spectrometry
Research Interests: Glycomics and Glycoproteomics
I received my Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry from Wuhan University (China) and thereafter worked in Prof. Lu’s group in the College of Life Science as apostdoctoral fellow innovating measurement approaches for plant hormones regulation. In 2004, I continued my postdoctoral research in York University (Canada) focusing on biomolecular interactions and further visited the Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada from 2005-2008. I has joined Huazhong University of Science and Technology (China) as a professor since 2008. I am the author of over 80 papers and reviews, including PNAS, Anal Chem, Chem Commun and Proteomics, with more than 1000 citations in total. My research interest focuses on mass spectrometry-based glycoproteomics and glycomics.
- Li H, Gao W, Feng X, Liu BF, Liu X, MALDI-MS analysis of sialylated N-glycan linkage isomers using solid-phase two step derivatization method.Anal Chim Acta. 924 (2016) 77-85.
- Feng X, Liu BF, Li J, Liu X, Advances in coupling microfluidic chips to mass spectrometry. Mass Spectrom Rev. 34(2015) 535-557
- Zhang Q, Feng X, Li H, Liu BF, Lin Y, Liu X, Methylamidation for isomeric profiling of sialylated glycans by nanoLC-MS. Anal Chem.86 (2014):7913-7919
- Liu X, Qiu H, Lee RK, Chen W, Li J, Methylamidation for sialoglycomics by MALDI-MS: a facile derivatization strategy for both α2,3- and α2,6-linked sialic acids. Anal. Chem. 82 (2010) 8300-8306
- Liu X, Zhang G, Chan K, Li J, Microwave-assisted Kochetkov amination followed by permanent charge derivatization: a facile strategy for glycomics. Chem. Commun. 46 (2010) 7424-7426
- Nothaft H, Liu X, McNally DJ, Li J, Szymanski CM. Study of free oligosaccharides derived from the bacterial N-glycosylation pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 106 (2009) 15019-15024
- Liu,X, McNally, DJ, Nothaft, H, Szymanski, CM, Brisson, JR, Li, J., “ Mass spectrometry-based glycomics strategy for exploring N-linked glycosylation in eukaryotes and bacteria”, Anal. Chem. 78 (2006) 6081-6087
Login and edit information
Instrumental Aanalysis (Undergraduate); Intorduction to Bioinfomatics (Undergraduate); Bioinformation Obtaining (Master); Progress in Systems Biology (Doctor)