Academic Areas: Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics and Technology
Research Interests: Benefit from my research in high energy physics, mathematical modeling on high performance computing systems, and optoelectronics technology, I develop the Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM), which is super unique semiconductor photon counting detector.
2015-now，Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, Professor
2011-now, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Russian Academy of Scienses, Moscow, Russia, Leading scientist.
International Linear Collider – (scientific secretary of the Russian ILC collaboration)
Magneto gas dynamics modeling at high performance computing systems.
2006 – 2011 National Research Nuclear University – “MEPHI”, Moscow, Russia Professor
2002 – 2011 Obninsk State University, Obninsk, Russia
Group Leader of Applied Mathematics Department
- International Linear Collider – (scientific secretary of the Russian ILC collaboration)
- Mathematical simulation of the International Linear Collider Physics and Detector,
- Experimental data Analysis of CDF experiment, FNAL, Analysis of the CP violation in Bs system,
- Development of the Semiconductor technology -novel type of Photodetector – Silicon Photomultiplier,
- High Performance Computing System, Parallel Computing Algorithm Development. Plasma Physics simulation (ITER project)
1991–2002 Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute (Uni), Moscow, Russia
Group Leader of Elementary Particle Physics Department:
- Theory of Transition Radiation, mathematical modeling and Analysis in High Energy Physics,
- HERA-B experiment (DESY),
- Silicon Technology Design, Tracking detectors, Planar Technology, Avalanche Structures for photon detection.
1979–1991 Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute, Moscow, Russia
Experimental Study and Analysis of pion Absorption in Matter and Heavy Isotopes of Hydrogen,
Experimental Study and Analysis of muon-nucleons atoms,
Study and development of the Silicon Technology: Telescopic Spectrometer for the measurement of the energy of elementary particles.
Saveliev V, Golovin V, Silicon avalanche photodiodes on the base of metal-resistor-semiconductor (MRS) structures, Nuclear Instruments and methods, 442, 2000,
Saveliev V, Silicon Photomultiplier – New Era of Photon Detection, Advances in Optical and Photonic Devices, Chapter 14, Intech, 2010,
D'Ascenzo N, Saveliev V. Study of silicon photomultipliers for the medical imaging systems. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 695, 2012,
D'Ascenzo N, Saveliev V, Wang L, Xi Q., Study of Silicon Photomultipliers and applications [C]//SPIE Sensing Technology+ Applications. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2014: 91140N-91140N-14.\
Acquafredda R., et all, The OPERA experiment in the CERN to Gran Sasso neutrino beam, Journal of Instrumentation, v4, 2009,
Chetverushkin B, D’Ascenzo, Saveliev V., Hyperbolic type explicit kinetic scheme of magneto gas dynamics for high performance computing systems, Russian Journal of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modeling, v 30, 2015
Abt I., et al, J/psi production via chi(c) decays in 920 GeV pA Interactions, Physics Letters B, V561,1, 2003
Aaltonen T., González B. Á., Amerio S, et al. Search for B-s(0)->mu(+)mu(-) Decays with CDF II, v Physical Review Letters v107, 23, 2011,
Web of Sciences: total number of publications 274, h=34
Login and edit information
All-Digital PET Imaging Lab in HUST
Hubei Digital PET Engineering Technology Research Center