Academic Areas: Sleep and Circadian Rhythm
Research Interests: My research interest is in understanding the regulatory mechanism and function of sleep and circadian rhythm. Specifically,in studying human mutations/genetic variants that lead to altered sleep and/or circadian rhythm
Northwestern University, Neuroscience, Ph.D (2009)
Peking University, Biological Science, B.S. (2003)
2010-2014, University of California, San Francisco, Postdoctoral Scholar
- Zhang L, Hirano A, Hsu PK, Jones CR, Sakai N, Okuro M, McMahon T, Yamazaki M, Xu Y, Saigoh N, Saigoh K, Lin ST, Kaasik K, Nishino S, Ptacek LJ, Fu YH (2016) PERIOD3 variant causes a circadian phenotype and is associated with a seasonal mood trait. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 113, E1536-1544. (co-first author)
- Li S, Zhang L (2015) Circadian Control of Global Transcription. Biomed Res Int 2015. (invited review)
- Zhang L, Ptacek LJ, Fu YH (2015) Nuclear envelope regulates the circadian clock. Nucleus 6, 114-117. (invited review)
- Lin ST, Zhang L, Lin X, Zhang LC, Garcia VE, Tsai CW, Ptacek LJ, Fu YH (2014) Nuclear envelope protein MAN1 regulates clock through BMAL1. Elife 3, e02981. (co-first author)
- Zhang L, Ptacek LJ, Fu YH (2013) Diversity of Human Clock Genotypes and Consequences. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 119, 51-81. (invited review)
- Zhang L, Abraham D, Lin ST, Oster H, Eichele G, Fu YH, Ptacek LJ (2012) PKCγ Participates in Food Entrainment by Regulating BMAL1. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 109, 20679-20684.
- Zhang L, Jones CR, Ptacek LJ, Fu YH (2011) The genetics of the human circadian clock. Adv Genet 74, 231-247. (invited review)
- Zhang L, Chung BY, Lear BC, Kilman VL, Liu Y, Mahesh G, Meissner RA, Hardin PE, Allada R (2010) DN1(p) circadian neurons coordinate acute and PDF inputs to produce robust daily behavior in Drosophila. Curr Biol 20, 591-599.
- Zhang L, Lear BC, Seluzicki A, Allada R (2009) The Cryptochrome Photoreceptor Gates PDF Neuropeptidergic Signaling to Set Circadian Network Hierarchy in Drosophila. Curr Biol 19, 1-6.
Advances in Molecular Genetics (Graduate Level 170.532)
Login and edit information
Natural Science Foundation of China: Investigating the Mechanism of DEC2 in Sleep Regulation
Natural Science Foundation of China: Investigating the Mechanism of Nuclear Envelope Protein LBR in Circadian Rhythm Regulation